Thursday, January 06, 2005

Animated..

Watched the Incredibles. And it was great!! Ive always found animated movies and superheroes eminently fascinating. The last animated movie I watched was Finding Nemo, and ive watched it innumerable times. I loved Dory and all of Nemo’s tank mates(shark face Hoo Haa Haa!!) and all the humour in the movie. Oh, I forgot Shrek 2. That’s another superb movie. I think I liked it better than Finding Nemo coz of its humour. One thing about Incredibles is that it doesn’t really have the humour of shrek and is more entirely a children’s superhero movie. Shrek was brlliant in that while it offered enough for the kids, it also gave the adults some really good laughs. Still, no detracting from the incredibles. Love the perception of superheroes gone to seed. Since I went for the movie with a couple of hostel pals, I was totally uninhibited and went into my most childlike state of enjoyment and that’s something I haven’t had in a really long time too. So overall was a great experience. But I must say, could’ve done with a little more screen time for Frozone (Samuel Jackson), though I guess his typical “mo fo” couldn’t really have been a part of the script in a kids movie.
Am eagerly awaiting – Shark Tale.