Was due to attend a rock concert yesterday, with Roxygen, a local band, being the main highlight of the show. Due to some postponement in the show, I found myself at a nice place where I had a Bloody Mary, my first foray into cocktails. The first one we ordered was awesome, with almost no trace of the vodka bitterness and a having always loved tomato juice, I found it a great drink. My doubts about whether there was superb skill in the mixing of vodka that led to this balanced taste or it was attributable to the entire absence of the spirit was set to rest by the mild buzzing I had after the drink. But the second one was rather bitter and I dint really enjoy it letting my pal finish it along with his screwdriver. Now, im rather proud of the fact that despite being a relative newcomer to the domain of bacchanals I have a pretty steady head on my shoulders even after a coupla beers or cocktails. Even my pal, who is a veteran in this matter, acknowledged that I was ready to move to the hotter variations of this elixir. So, next time im looking forward to some Bloody Mary without the tomato juice.
Then came the concert. The entrance was definitely the brainchild of some freak with a twisted idea of life. We found ourselves walking for almost 10 minutes through a maze to reach the ground though the actual distance would not have been more than 30 meters. After being subjected to this miserable attempt to build up the suspense of entering the arena, we found ourselves at a gathering of a maximum of 100 college students with a rope separating the boys and the girls (typical college atmosphere) and some college band performing on the stage. After a lackluster performance, they were replaced with another group of five who looked a lot cooler and had a vocalist who seemed to have all the swagger and self-assurance of an established rock icon already. Their music was pretty trippy with some interesting improvisations in lyrics and all, which made us overlook the supremely condescending attitude of the main guy up there. The guys apparently were officially recognized by the BBC and hence their performance was not to be video taped by the college videographer, which caused some confusion initially and added in good measure to the band’s image as a “overly smug” group. still, made for some good music and that’s all that counts.
By then Roxygen had finally arrived and after about an hour of tuning the instruments, they finally deigned to play to the expectant crowd. Their performance was pretty good, especially notable was their bass guitarist Christy Samuel, whose skill with the strings was really superb and reinforced in me the wish to learn this one asap. Had to leave after about four songs from them as I had a 10’o clock curfew at home. Went home with great difficulty as by now, my bike couldn’t be turned left ever so slightly coz of the repeated accidents id mentioned in the previous posts.
8 months ago
|