Being a software engg has several strings attached. One of the more painful ones is the plethora of dumb forwards that assault u everyday ranging from health tips to political conspiracies. However there was one recently that got me thinking about the quintessential question that has been debated over the ages- what exactly sets men and women apart?
Read this paragraph:
Count the number of F’s in the following text in 15 seconds:
FINISHED FILES ARE THE
RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS
Counted? Now according to the forward the males would have noticed only 3 of the 6Fs in the paragraph(yup, I swear there are 6.. look carefully), ostensibly because the male mind cannot process the word ‘OF’. Now owing to some vague disorder in my vision I only saw three and I found out that several of my girl pals also saw only 3. and so we rejected this as a hoax. But this got me thinking about other possible things that set apart the sexes in their way of thinking. And I came across this joke, which seemed to get it even more in perspective:
Top 10 things ull never hear a man saying : http://www.askmen.com/jokes/2004_nov/nov15.html
Top 10 things ull never hear a woman saying : http://www.askmen.com/jokes/2004_nov/nov10.html
More about this in the next one
8 months ago
|