Awake, sleepless, buzzing with ideas that are too numerous to be translated to what is essentially a compromise in expression. Those who can, do; others write.
Play
I can hear it coming.
I can feel it coming.
I beg to find fault with your perception. Feeling is an aftermath of the event not a precursor.
But its in the air, to use a colloquialism I’m generally averse to employing. It truly is. Also, I don’t believe in strict chronological ordering of life’s events.
How doth one overlook the juggernaut, prithee elucidate.
The juggernaut is but a fictional monster, one that seemingly rolls forward unstoppably.
But take away its chariot and its as subject to inertia as you and I
And its chariot would be?
The deluded minds of mortals who choose to carry the monster on their shoulders, to become the wheels that crush them inevitably.
But such mass delusion isn’t a matter of coincidence id think. What then, would you say, propped up the juggernaut in its throne?
The instinct of every man to believe in a certain pre-ordained path, and the need to believe in a measurement of progress along it.
That seems a reasonable desire.
There you see the first crack in the belief system. Do you think it a rational combination of causes – reason and desire?
Desire is quite the rogue amidst rationality, I must admit. So, I chose the wrong phrase of description. I should have said practical proposition.
And life is matter of practice but not practicality or worse, predictability. Ordering ones view of the infinite on the basis of some illusionary measure is just increasing its predictability, and reducing its glorious incertitude to a matter of cause and effect.
That sounds terribly classical. But isn’t causality the foundation of every real system?
No it’s the foundation of every logical argument, but life would be poor indeed if it were no more than a collection of logical arguments.
True, I never could abide arguments. So lets put a stop to this one and talk of pleasanter things.
Speaking of pleasantness, here it is, was and always will be -
Faraway, distant, impending. Unassumingly simple. Unerringly perfect. Unbearably melodious. Complete ascendancy over the mind. Consuming the soul. Caressing the depths. Controlling the emotions. Nothing is as evanescent and yet as evocative. Music.
Immediate, inevitable, interminable. Unassumingly simple, unerringly perfect, unbearably meticulous. Complete ascendancy over the moment. Consuming the destiny of man. Controlling the cause and the effect. Nothing is as ephemeral and yet as eternal. Time.
(music sweeps over one, as time washes over the other. Both sense a break in the continuum of their respective muses and silence prevails as time stands still. )
|